Saturday, July 06, 2013

Nitty Gritty Writing

Getting down to the nitty gritty of the new novel. I have about 3000 words to go, the cover is finished and I have part of the cover blurbs finished. The permanent title is Love Arrives on Horseback. Only in my own mind is it finished.

The blurbs are what describe the book and entice the reader to want to enjoy what a writer's imagination has concocted for the reader's pleasure. It is the hardest part of writing a novel. If I think about it, that should be the easiest part.
 It is only a couple of paragraphs about something that you have lived, eaten, slept with for months. I am a writer, a wordsmith, a singer of stories. What is wrong with me that suddenly I can't write myself out of a paper bag? I am there right now.

But that is alright, I will have written the finish of the book by midnight tonight and the blurb, well, I'll just keep plugging at it. I can hardly wait for you to see the smashing cover I have for it. It is a Wow.

If you want to see the blurb that I just finished writing for Ms.Got Rocks, it is here.
amzn.to/12tSITP


No comments: