Sunday, July 07, 2013

Sunday Morning, Oh Sunday Morning and Carpenter Canyon Fire

Oops, now I will be singing that song all day. Just some updates on things happening around my old homestead in Nevada.
The bad news is the Carpenter Canyon Fire is 0 per cent contained, with over 10,000 acres burned. There are about 500 firefighters working through horrid conditions to get the monster under control and out. I believe that there were 200 homes evacuated. That may be incorrect, but the other data is from yesterday afternoon. The wind in the valley has dropped this morning, but the top ridges are still getting the 20-35 mph winds. Bad new is T-storms predicted for the Sheep Mountains, the dry kind, of course. That is what started the whole thing in the first place.
.
The good news is that the temp this AM is 88 F and is going to be cooler. I'm talking Mojave Desert cooler here, so read that cooler than 117 F. Today, is supposed to get to the 105-108 area. Cooler, I say.The humidity is still high, it is morning so that is normal we are at 22% right now. In case you haven't noticed I'm a weather follower. I live next to a weather station, so I can personally check how accurate the forecast is. Even I can stick my head out the door and agree it is durned hot out there.

The other good news is that I woke this morning with the ending of Love Arrives on Horseback spelled out in my head. I got up and started writing. I have less than 3K words to get to goal.
The bad news is that now I have to edit. I have already gone through most of it once. I've run a spell check then went back and spell checked the spell checker with my dictionary.
Making progress.
Good news today is flower day here at the Sr. Citizen complex. One of the local gourmet grocery stores loves us. We get flower deliveries every Sunday. This is what they do rather than throwing out the bouquets that didn't sell on Saturday. There are always plenty of good flowers and I have come to love flower Sunday.
Have a great Sunday, I need coffee.

No comments: