Thursday, June 20, 2013

It is Barely Spring.

It is spring for a little while longer. I was thinking this morning about the things I miss about seasons and places I have lived. Spring is wild Dogwood blooming along the Klamath River in California. Winter is Birch and Aspen trees covered in ice after a big storm in Anchorage, Alaska. Trees looking for all the world to see God's frosting job. Autumn is the smell of I don't know what that smell is, but I think you know what I mean. It just smells different. Then the crunch of dried fallen leaves. And then tomorrow we arrive at Blazo season in the Mojave Desert, actually starting tonight. I love the soft warm or hot night air, I love the chuckling song of some bird that lives in the palm trees. They merrily laugh to each other as dusk falls. Other than that summer pretty much sucks in the desert. The other seasons make up for it.
Have a wonderful, safe summer were you are. I'm enjoying the air conditioning,and iced tea.

No comments: