Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Watermelon Pico de Gallo Salsa by Pioneer Woman.

You must see this Watermelon Pico de Gallo on The Pioneer Woman's blog. Love her sense of style and her recipes. Today is Watermelon Pico de Gallo Salsa. Here is the link. I will be making this over the weekend for son and me to gobble down during our weekly Scrabble battle against the computer. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/

I did it. I made the goal yesterday of writing 5000 words. I even went over a bit. I did 5004 words. By 10:30 last night, I could think of nothing for them to do but hold hands and stare at each other. I gave up. This morning that will get erased and I will find them something more interesting to do. Maybe, they should make Watermelon Pico de Gallo. That could prove challenging, as the book is set in the mid 1860's in early spring in Massachusetts. No watermelon and definitely not cilantro or jalapeno peppers. Maybe they should parch corn or shell peas, well, that sounds as boring as staring at each other. I will think of something.
If I can actually write 5000 words in one day, there is not a reason for not scheduling myself to one day a week of 5000 words. Usually, I do at least 2000. I don't think I am capable of 5000 each and every day.That would make my output 17000 words a week. I always wonder how Nora Roberts manages her publishing schedule. She is a writing machine, and I mean that in the very best way. After all she created Roarke, I mean, come on!

Today's picture is from the area where the next book is set. This is the Klamath River, Siskiyou County,California. The next into the batter box is a mystery thriller.
Our cat Ranger, practicing what cats do best.




No comments: